Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Prayer Cards

This beautiful piece was written by Orchidia for the prayer cards. I think it describes Marlon perfectly.


In loving memory of our dear beloved Marlon Joshua Solar March 24, 1974-June 25, 2005:
Our dear beloved Marlon, we cannot believe you are gone for the void left by your presence in this universe is as great as the person you were and strove to be.
Our dear beloved Marlon, few men knew how to be a better friend to men, women, children, the differently-abled and people from all walks of life.
Our dear beloved Marlon, we remember a talented and gifted individual-a man riding a unicycle, a multitude of various bicycles, motorcycles, trucks and cars; a man who built custom-made furniture, who laid plans, designed and constructed sandboxes, bicycles and homes; a man who painted and repaired electrical and plumbing problems; a man who could fix cars, bicycles, motorcycles and sewing machines; a man who could sew drapes and entire wardrobes with detailed designs in embroidery and metal work.
Our dear beloved Marlon, few men could embrace your imagination and live up to your creative energies.
Our dear beloved Marlon, few men had the love, integrity, grace and generosity of more friends, family and communities.
Marlon, you walked through your life bestowed with the gift of having lived many lives and we are thankful to have known your greatness.

5 comments:

Pete LaVerghetta said...

Godspeed, Marlon, we'll miss you.

Anonymous said...

Rest in peace, Marlon. I can't help feeling that you've left us too soon.

To Marlon's family, I send you my most sincere condolences. He was a great neighbor and friend. I first met Marlon when I moved into 4508 Chester Avenue in West Philly. I lived with a bunch of bike messengers and enthusiasts. Marlon lived two doors down and was always passing by or saying hello. We'd get into great conversations every time we'd cross paths.

He was exceptionally gifted with a great deal of mechanical and building skills and was loaded with the curiousity to put his skills to work. Whether it was the Bike Church, his motorcycle, the Bike Coalition, the World Bike Messneger Championship a few years ago, his Radio Volta program or any number of things we could mention, he never wasted his talents or knowledge. He was also more than happy to help everyone else without argument.

I raise my glass to you, Marlon Solar, and your legacy of some 31 years. You made yours count more than most. We'll miss you.


Sincerely,

Mario Giorno

Anonymous said...

"To Marlon"

I've never met him in person.
I've never known his charm;
Yet he held my shaking hand,
Well into cyber land:

A quiet sound,
A silent note,
A single voice
Yet so profound!

@COCJUNE2905

Anonymous said...

I used to work with Marlon at AMEX and was blessed to have a chance to know him. I've been in Japan and now Australia, and actually didn't know that Marlon passed away untill today, for some reason I just typed his name into Google to see what he was up to and was shocked to learn that he is gone.

Marlon, thanks for giving me those rides home on your motorcycle after a long night of night flying, and that time we went to Samosa and I ate like 9 plates of food and had to lay my bike on the ground just so I could mount my bike (because I couldn't swing my leg over), and that time I saw you in your bunny suit will always be with me forever.

God Bless You Marlon,
Mark 742

Susanna Thomas said...

Marlon, I miss you. I have loved you without pause from the day I met you, eleven years ago.